Accident east of Linwood sends Topeka man to hospital
A one-vehicle accident near Linwood sent a Topeka man to an area hospital over the weekend.
John Clinkenbeard, 69, was driving north about 8:45 p.m. on 170th Street at Kansas Highway 32 about 5 miles east of Linwood when he failed to stop at a stop sign. His 1997 Ford Expedition continued north into a cornfield, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
Clinkenbeard was taken to Stormont-Vail Hospital in Topeka with possible injuries.
He was wearing a seat belt, reports said.
More like this story
- Kansas lifts teacher licensure requirement in 6 districts
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools