Basehor-Linwood High School students earn Oratorical honors
Two Basehor-Linwood High School students recently competed and received honors in the Leavenworth County High School Oratorical Contest in Lansing. Kendra Otterman and Jesse Smallwood, students of social studies teacher Tim Johnson both delivered speeches on Saturday regarding the American Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Otterman received honors as the 2nd place winner while Smallwood placed 3rd. Otterman will continue on to the national contest and compete at a district event. Both received cash prizes for their efforts.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Edwardsville police recover missing Airstream
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall