Basehor celebrates Kansas Day
Basehor Children danced and chased each other around the banquet hall at Holy Field Vineyard & Winery Sunday afternoon as the local landmark hosted its annual Kansas Day celebration.
The Lawrence band Ragtime X 2 played accordion and tuba while attendees of the festivities sang "Home on the Range," while enjoying the locally made wine.
Owners of Holy Field, Les & Michelle Meyer are looking forward to another year of producing wine and said the bitter cold temperatures this winter haven't appeared to harm their vineyard.
Kansas Day, officially celebrated in the state on Wednesday, commemorates the admission of the state as the 34th in the Union on January 29, 1861.
More like this story
- Kansas gun dealer to pay $132K to woman for selling to felon
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- KanCare providers lose millions for 2nd straight year
- Kansas Senate to consider tax increases to close budget gap
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council