Dole announces next stops on homecoming tour
Oskaloosa The next leg of former U.S. Sen. Bob Dole’s homecoming tour is scheduled to take him to nine communities in eastern Kansas.
The visits next week are the latest in a series of trips Dole is making this year from his home in Washington, D.C., year to greet old friends and supporters throughout Kansas. He spends about an hour at each stop.
On July 14, Dole is to hold public gatherings in Oskaloosa, Alma, Council Grove and Marion. He plans appearances the following day in Cottonwood Falls, Eureka, Yates Center, Burlington and Osage City.
Dole turns 91 on July 22.
More like this story
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Rail-trail program in central Kansas follows long road
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Billionaire buys Woodlands racing complex, but future fuzzy
- Basehor sophomore continues experience with Youth Symphony