Worker dies in Wichita elevator accident
Wichita Police in Wichita say a man working in a building being renovated has been killed in an elevator accident.
KAKE-TV reports emergency crews were called to the building in the city’s Old Town section around 10:30 a.m. Friday.
Police Lt. E.J. Bastian says the 40-year-old worker was riding in an open-door, pulley-style service elevator when he fell, catching his head between the elevator door and a brick wall of the shaft. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
One other construction worker was in the building at the time. The building is being converted to apartments.
The victim’s name has not been released. He worked for a subcontractor of Key Construction.
More like this story
- Worker trapped in wall collapse at Fort Leavenworth taken to area hospital with non-life-threatening injuries
- Wichita police find 3 shot to death in home
- Police: Wichita woman injured in stabbing attack
- Kansas driver pleads guilty to killing horse, rider
- Topeka has second fatal motorcycle accident in 2 days