Basehor Dairy Days moved to Basehor-Linwood High School
Due to the impending threat of thunderstorms beginning Friday night continuing through Saturday afternoon, the ninth annual Basehor Dairy Days has been moved to Basehor-Linwood High School from the city park.
Organizer Lila White says everything originally scheduled will be included at the high school except the petting zoo and the inflatables.
Schedule of Events
• 7:30 a.m., Crazy Cow 5k Run/Walk
• 7:30 -10:30 a.m., Chris Cakes Pancake Breakfast
• 9 a.m., Leukemia and Lymphoma Society .1k Run
• 10-11 a.m., White Tiger Martial Arts performance
• 11 a.m., Gunsmoke & Petticoats Old West Show
• Noon, Sarah's Studio of Dance performance
• Noon, Friends of the Library Pie Baking Contest
• 1 p.m., Gunsmoke & Petticoats Old West Show
• 1:30 - 3:30 p.m., The Fairmounters
• 3 p.m., Gunsmoke & Petticoats Old West Show
As for the Crazy Cow 5k, scheduled to begin at 7:30 a.m. Saturday, the race is being planned "rain or shine." Organizer Ashley Razak did say that if the weather turns severe, a decision will be made to either delay the race for a certain amount of time or to postpone to a later date.
The National Weather Service is predicting showers and thunderstorms will begin after 1 a.m. Saturday continuing into Saturday. The National Weather Service predicts a 90 percent chance of precipitation with showers and thunderstorms dropping between three-quarters to an inch of rain Saturday.
More like this story
- Tests conducted on highway leading to abandoned mining town
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Kansas officials riled by EPA's changes to power plant rule
- Lucky breaks with federal funds, pensions help Kansas budget
- No charges after federal probe into Kansas election loans