Company to bring 40 jobs, investment to Pittsburg
Pittsburg An Illinois company described as a national leader in home delivery, assembly and repair services is moving to southeast Kansas, where its new owner plans to invest $9 million and create 40 new jobs over the next two years.
Pittsburg-based Backyard Leisure Holdings recently acquired Go Configure and plans to move its administrative and call center operations from Chicago this year.
The Kansas Department of Commerce says Go Configure was founded in 1996 and now serves more than 1,000 retail locations in 48 states. Its operation includes a call center that fields nearly 1 million calls for service each year and a fleet of installation specialists across the country.
The company says it will begin transferring operations this summer with plans to be fully operational in Pittsburg by October.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas City Connection: In the market for meat
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Face to Face: Edwardsville paramedic Christy Johnson