Democrat files for 38th District seat in state legislature
Jan Pringle, a real estate professional from Gardner, announced she has filed to run as a Democrat for the 38th District in the Kansas House of Representatives.
The district covers Basehor, Linwood, parts of Lansing and the portion of Bonner Springs that is in Leavenworth County, as well as parts of western Johnson County. The district seat is currently held by Rep. Willie Dove, R-Bonner Springs, who announced earlier this year that he would seek re-election.
Pringle grew up in Overland Park but says her father spent his childhood in Bonner. She has been in the real estate industry for 40 years, spending the last two decades as a real estate educator, developing and instructing courses for the Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors.
Pringle said she supports strengthening public education and said she chose to run for state office because she has been disturbed by the lack of fairness and respect being shown to the people of Kansas in recent legislative actions.
“I think we can do much more to help Kansans rear happy families, grow their businesses and make it possible for every individual to enjoy prosperous, rewarding lives here,” she said in a news release.
Pringle said she has created a Facebook page with more information on her candidacy.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts