Kansas: Bat attack man returns to retrieve bat, police say
Wichita A 58-year-old Kansas man has been arrested after returning to the scene of a Sedgwick County beating to retrieve his baseball bat.
The Wichita Eagle reported Wednesday that no charges had been filed against the man, who was jailed on suspicion of aggravated assault, aggravated battery and battery.
The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office says three men went to a home in the county Saturday night and threatened the occupants. Sheriff’s spokesman Lt. David Mattingly says the suspect hit a 46-year-old woman on the head with a baseball bat, and the three men left.
Authorities said the suspect then returned to get the bat and was arrested. Mattingly says he doesn’t know if the man really liked the bat or was trying to retrieve evidence.
More like this story
- 2015 in review: Top stories of the year
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Top Stories of 2014: The Year in Review for Basehor, Bonner Springs, Edwardsville
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Remember When for July 16, 2015