Kansas: Bat attack man returns to retrieve bat, police say
Wichita A 58-year-old Kansas man has been arrested after returning to the scene of a Sedgwick County beating to retrieve his baseball bat.
The Wichita Eagle reported Wednesday that no charges had been filed against the man, who was jailed on suspicion of aggravated assault, aggravated battery and battery.
The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office says three men went to a home in the county Saturday night and threatened the occupants. Sheriff’s spokesman Lt. David Mattingly says the suspect hit a 46-year-old woman on the head with a baseball bat, and the three men left.
Authorities said the suspect then returned to get the bat and was arrested. Mattingly says he doesn’t know if the man really liked the bat or was trying to retrieve evidence.
More like this story
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Remember When for April 2, 2015