State basketball schedule: Class 4A-1 boys
Basehor-Linwood is the No. 3 seed in the Class 4A-1 boys basketball tournament, which begins Thursday in the Salina Bicentennial Center.
The Bobcats (19-3) will open tournament play against No. 6 El Dorado (13-9) at 4:45 p.m. Thursday. The winner will advance to the semifinals, where it will face the winner of No. 2 Independence (19-3) and No. 7 Topeka-Hayden (12-10) at 4:45 p.m. Friday. Other first-round games include No. 1 McPherson (20-1) against No. 8 Sumner Academy (10-12) and No. 4 Paola (16-6) against No. 5 Winfield (14-8).
Winners of Thursday's opening-round games will be guaranteed games Friday and Saturday, while first-round losers will be eliminated. Friday and Saturday's games will alternate with games from the 4A-1 girls tournament, which begins Wednesday. Here is a complete tournament schedule:
No. 2 Independence vs. No. 7 Topeka-Hayden, 3 p.m.
No. 3 Basehor-Linwood vs. No. 6 El Dorado, 4:45 p.m.
No. 1 McPherson vs. No. 8 Sumner Academy, 6:30 p.m.
No. 4 Paola vs. No. 5 Winfield, 8:15 p.m.
Semifinal 1: Independence/Hayden vs. BLHS/El Dorado, 4:45 p.m.
Semifinal 2: McPherson/Sumner vs. Paola/Winfield, 8:15 p.m.
Third-place game, 2 p.m.
Championship game, 6:15 p.m.
More like this story
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Basehor-Linwood girls fall to Piper in sub-state
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan