Basehor Lions Club and BLEF announce raffle winners in scholarship fundraiser
Basehor Lions Club and Basehor-Linwood Education Foundation paired up this winter to raise money for student scholarships through a raffle for an iPad and Kindle and recently distributed the tablets to the winners.
The two organizations sold raffle tickets at each Basehor-Linwood High School home basketball game this season, the Bobcat Invitational Wrestling Tournament and BLHS Parent/Teacher Conferences.
On Mar. 7, Bruce Adams and Ron Milburn from Basehor Lions Club and Dave Gunn, Blake Waters and Ashley Razak from the BLEF, along with Dr. Doug Bittel of both the Lions and BLEF, gathered to draw the names for the winners of the devices.
Todd Lux, of Tonganoxie, was the winner of the iPad Air while Levi Cooley, a 3rd grader at BLES, was the winner of the Kindle Paperwhite. Lux purchased tickets while at BLHS for the wrestling tournament on Jan. 18, while Levi’s dad dropped in a few tickets for him at a basketball game.
Each spring, the Basehor Lions Club awards two $700 scholarships to seniors, and the BLEF disburses $15,000 to twenty BLHS seniors.
More like this story
- BLEF presents incentive grants to Basehor-Linwood teachers
- Basehor-Linwood Education Foundation presents first JAG scholarships
- Basehor columnist: Superintendent David Howard on Academic Awards Night
- Basehor-Linwood High School 2014 scholarships announced
- BLEF golf tournament gearing up for 10th year