Bobcat lifters receive recognition at Capitol
Following yet another banner season, the Basehor-Linwood powerlifting teams received some recognition at the Capitol in Topeka.
Kansas Legislature honored the Bobcats with a resolution before the House of Representatives on Wednesday. BLHS seniors Eric Purrington, Allison Kasick, Sara Rehm and Jay O'Bryan attended on behalf of the teams, which had a combined 130 members in 2013-14. Rep. Willie Dove, who lives in the BLHS school district, sponsored the resolution.
The Bobcats swept the team titles at the Class 4A state meet earlier this month in Abilene. It was the seventh consecutive title for the girls and the fifth for the boys. They received a standing ovation from the House.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs camp director Patty Nickell
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas state workers could be furloughed if budget delayed