BSHS, BLHS golfers compete at Atchison
The Bonner Springs and Basehor-Linwood golf teams both traveled Thursday to Belle Country Club for the Atchison Invitational. The Braves finished fourth in the team standings with a score of 344, while the Bobcats took seventh with a 366.
BSHS senior Marc McClain recorded yet another top-five individual finish, coming in fifth with a 79. Jake Laing came in three strokes behind McClain with an 82, while Stevie Greer finished third on the team with an 88. Nathan Hinton, Caleb Malone and Colton Harvey rounded out Brave team scoring with marks of 95, 99 and 125, respectively.
All six BLHS golfers finished within six strokes of each other. Landon Fliger led the way with a 90 even, followed by Bret Fritz (91), Johnny Harms (92), Ryan Potter (93), Tyler Kendrick (95) and Jack Walsh (96).
Piper took home the team title with a score of 324, beating out runner-up Holton by four strokes. Piper's Eric Pahls won the individual title with a 74.
The Bobcats will be back on the course Thursday at Perry-Lecompton. The Braves are off until the Kaw Valley League tournament, set for Monday at Eagle Bend Golf Course in Lawrence.
More like this story
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants