Kansas: Muslim group asks county to cancel training
A national Muslim organization is asking the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office to cancel a training program by a former FBI agent because it is afraid his message will lead to bias against Islam.
The Wichita Eagle reports the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Washington considers John Guandolo an anti-Muslim conspiracy theorist. Guandolo is to give a two-day training program next week.
The training program in Wichita is expected to draw law enforcement officers from across Kansas. One of Guandolo’s main focus areas is the Muslim Brotherhood.
Sheriff’s spokesman Lt. David Mattingly says the department has no intention of canceling the course, which is not mandatory.
More like this story
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas Chamber backs GOP schools bill; educators opposed