Kansas agency boosting surplus property visibility
Topeka An enhanced website and open house are part of efforts by the Kansas Department of Administration to increase public awareness of state surplus property available for purchase.
The agency says in a news release that it launched the website in April to let the public shop online for items ranging from computers to office furniture, supplies and vehicles.
Property is available to the public one month after it’s removed from the agency’s inventory. An open house at the Topeka facility where the items are stored will take place June 6. The warehouse is open Monday through Friday.
The Department of Administration is also using social media to promote items available for sale.
More like this story
- State agriculture agency willing to give pay raise to workers who agree to move with agency and shed classified status
- Legislative update: Week 12
- $3.1 million Affordable Care Act grant comes to Kansas to help consumers review insurance rates
- Legislative update: Week 13
- Proposed county budget now reflects mill levy increase