Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
Bonner Springs A 15-month-old has been flown to a hospital after being struck by a lawn mower in Leavenworth County.
Authorities say the toddler suffered injuries to the lower body in the Wednesday night incident. Leavenworth County Undersheriff Jim Sherley said the incident happened about 7 p.m. in the 14200 block of Metro Avenue, just outside Bonner Springs.
According to Sherley, the victim, who was taken to Children's Mercy Hospital, lives at the home where the incident occurred.
"It's obviously a terrible accident, and that's how we investigated it, because there was no indication it was not an accident," Sherley said.
Bonner Springs EMS, Leavenworth County EMS and Fairmount Township Fire Department were the first responders on the scene.
More like this story
- Donation account created for toddler injured in lawnmower accident
- Body of missing Bonner Springs man found in Leavenworth County
- Two Basehor men killed in Saturday crash near Eudora
- Authorities announce name of pedestrian killed in Bonner Springs accident
- Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office warns of peak time for deer accidents