Holy-Field Vineyard seeks volunteers for ‘Picking Sunday’
Holy-Field Vineyard and Winery, 18807 158th St., Basehor, is looking for volunteer grape pickers for harvesting the Seyval grape beginning at 8 a.m. Aug. 30.
Holy-Field also has planned harvests for Sept. 6 and 27 and Oct. 4 and 11. Volunteers for the harvests, known as "Picking Sundays," are invited to stay after grape picking for a farm lunch and visit the wine cellar to see the crush and taste the juice.
Reservations are required for Picking Sundays; call 913-724-9463. Dates may be changed in the case of inclement weather, and dates beyond Aug. 30 are tentative and may be canceled. In the event of cancellation, registrants will be contacted by phone.
More like this story
- Basehor winery receives awards for eight wines
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Youth sports reviewed at Basehor library
- Basehor-based Holy-Field takes top honors at wine competition
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field