Edwardsville police recover missing Airstream
Edwardsville Police Department reported today that officers discovered a 1962 Airstream trailer stolen from Kansas City, Kan., based on a tip from a resident.
Police Chief Mark Mathies said police received a report just before 11 a.m. that the trailer was in the parking lot of an abandoned church at Swartz Road and 98th Street. The trailer had been stolen from the parking lot of a Kansas City, Kan., business over the weekend; its owners live in Prairie Village.
Mathies said the trailer appeared to be in good shape, and it was turned over to the Kansas City Kansas Police Department for processing.
The Kansas City Star reported that Catie Ebert, the owner, was restoring the trailer, which was her grandfather's. The case gained attention from the media as it was shared repeatedly on Facebook.
Mathies said the case may be connected to more stolen vehicles at a property on 94th Street, the city's border with Kansas City, Kan. KCKPD is investigating.
More like this story
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements
- Top Stories of 2014: The Year in Review for Basehor, Bonner Springs, Edwardsville
- Edwardsville set to turn 100 next month
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence