Authorities investigating woman’s death in northeast Kansas
Wamego Authorities in northeast Kansas are investigating the death of a woman who was found bleeding in roadway.
The Topeka Capital-Journal reports the Pottawatomie County Sheriff's Department received a call Sunday about a bleeding woman lying in a road northwest of Wamego.
Sheriff Greg Riat says deputies and emergency medical personnel found the woman with serious injuries lying in the road near a pickup. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim's identity and cause of death haven't been released.
The sheriff's office and the Kansas Highway Patrol are investigating.
More like this story
- Icy road conditions claim 4 more lives in Kansas
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Two Basehor men killed in Saturday crash near Eudora
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri