Police make 2nd arrest in robberies near K-State campus
Manhattan Another man has been arrested in a series of thefts that led to a nearly four-hour lockdown at Kansas State University.
The Manhattan Mercury reports that Riley County Police Department officers arrested a 20-year-old Manhattan man Friday morning in connection with two counts of aggravated robbery, theft and contributing to a child's misconduct. Another 20-year-old man was arrested Wednesday night.
The university lockdown began after police received several reports in the early morning hours of Sept. 4 of an armed robbery involving several people. During the lockdown, everyone on campus was urged to stay indoors and those off campus to stay away. Student dormitories were locked down.
Authorities also are looking for two teenage runaways from Manhattan. One of the teens is 16, while the other is 17.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita
- Man found dead after standoff in Kansas City, Kan.
- Police arrest man, 32, after another dies at Edgerton bar
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest