See current severe weather alerts.
Sunrise & sunset
Moonrise & moonset
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- July 20, 2015
- No thrill-seekers here. These jetliner-flying storm chasers are on a scientific mission. They’re trying to figure out how to better predict a little-examined peculiarity of summer weather on the Great Plains: its enormous, and often ferocious, nighttime thunderstorms.
- Sirens failed to sound in Nickerson as tornado hit area
- July 15, 2015
- Tornado sirens failed to go off in Nickerson as a tornado hit the area.
- Basehor, Bonner area deals with aftermath of Monday’s storm
- July 7, 2015
- While no tornadoes touched down in the Basehor and Bonner Springs areas during Monday evening’s severe thunderstorms, the storms left their mark on the area in other ways.
- Preliminary data has 99 tornadoes reported in Kansas in May
- June 9, 2015
- Preliminary data shows storms that hit Kansas in May prompted reports of 99 tornadoes in the state.
- National Weather Services issues more flood watches, warnings for area
- June 4, 2015
- The National Weather Service has issued more warnings and watches because of anticipated rainfall.
- Some Kansas regions report near record rainfall in May
- June 2, 2015
- To no one’s surprise, some Kansas areas reported near record amounts of rain for the month of May.
- Rough weather hits southwest Kansas, at least 1 tornado
- May 26, 2015
- The National Weather Service says a super cell storm swept across western Kansas, spawning at least one tornado.
- Steady rain swelling Missouri, Kansas streams, rivers
- May 24, 2015
- Heavy storms across Missouri and Kansas have been pushing streams and rivers out of their banks, and forecasters say more rain is likely this week.
- Flooding closes road near Easton in Leavenworth County
- May 18, 2015
- Kansas Highway 192 in Leavenworth County is now closed to all traffic over Stranger Creek, east of the Easton, due to high flood waters over the road.
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes
- 09:21 a.m., April 8, 2015 Updated 10:41 a.m.
- A forecaster has warned that the ingredients necessary to “blow up some big storms” would fall into place Wednesday and Thursday and cautioned millions of residents in the middle of the country to be aware of worsening weather.