- Flood Warning issued August 22 at 8:56AM CDT until August 24 at 5:08AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 9 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 22, 2017
- Expires: 5:08 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017
...The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Kansas...Missouri...
Little Osage River at Fulton affecting Bourbon County.
Osage River near Schell City affecting Bates and Vernon Counties.
.Heavy rainfall over the past 12 hours will cause river levels to
rise above flood stage.
...For the Little Osage River at Fulton...
* At 8:30 AM Tuesday The stage was 7.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 22.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will rise above flood stage by tonight and
continue to rise to near 24.0 feet by around midnight. The river
will fall below flood stage by early tomorrow.
* Impact...At 25.0 feet...Moderate flooding begins at the gage site.
Farmland at the gage site becomes covered by flood waters, and
Highway 31, east of town becomes flooded. Highway 31, four miles
west of Fulton has flood waters reach four to six feet in depth.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Wed Thu Fri
Little Osage River Basin
Fulton 22 7.0 Tue 08 AM 21.1 4.0 3.2
- See more at NOAA