- Flood Warning issued July 06 at 10:54PM CDT until July 09 at 2:21AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 10:54 p.m. on Monday, July 6, 2015
- Expires: 2:21 a.m. on Thursday, July 9, 2015
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Kansas...
Little Osage River at Fulton affecting Bourbon County
Little Osage River near Horton affecting Vernon County
Osage River near Schell City affecting Bates and Vernon Counties
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Marmaton River near Nevada affecting Vernon County
.Heavy rainfall this evening into the overnight hours will cause river
levels to rise above flood stage.
...For the Little Osage River at Fulton...
* At 10:15 PM Monday The stage was 3.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 22.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...rise above flood stage by tomorrow late morning and
continue to rise to near 24.6 feet by tomorrow evening. The river
will fall below flood stage by early Wednesday morning.
* Impact...At 25.0 feet...Moderate flooding begins at the gage site.
Farmland at the gage site becomes covered by flood waters, and
Highway 31, east of town becomes flooded. Highway 31, four miles
west of Fulton has flood waters reach four to six feet in depth.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Tue Wed Thu
Little Osage River Basin
Fulton 22 3.8 Mon 10 PM 18.9 6.9 5.6
- See more at NOAA