- Winter Weather Advisory issued February 22 at 11:59AM CST until February 22 at 6:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 11:59 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018
- Expires: 6 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018
.Another round of freezing rain will affect parts of central and
south central Kansas this afternoon. Isolated thunderstorms could
produce periods of moderate freezing rain and sleet near the
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation. Freezing rain will continue to move
north across the area this afternoon. Isolated thunderstorms
will be possible in south central Kansas near the Oklahoma
border and could produce a period of moderate freezing rain and
sleet. Little additional sleet accumulation is expected with
additional ice accumulations up to one-tenth of an inch possible.
* WHERE...Portions of Central, South Central and Southeast Kansas.
The greatest risk for additional ice accumulations will reside
along and just west of the Kansas turnpike.
* WHEN...Until 6 PM CST this evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The ice will result in difficult travel
conditions through the afternoon. Be prepared for reduced
visibilities at times.
- See more at NOAA