- Flood Warning issued May 20 at 8:57AM CDT until May 22 at 7:40PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 8:57 a.m. on Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Expires: 7:40 p.m. on Monday, May 22, 2017
...The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Missouri...Kansas...
Elk River near Tiff City affecting McDonald County.
Spring River above Baxter Springs affecting Cherokee County.
Spring River at Carthage affecting Jasper County.
.Heavy rainfall over the past few days will cause river levels to
rise above flood stage.
...For the Spring River above Baxter Springs...
* At 8:30 AM Saturday The stage was 10.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will rise above flood stage by late this
afternoon and continue to rise to near 15.3 feet by around
midnight. The river will fall below flood stage by tomorrow
* Impact...At 16.0 feet...The south end of Kiwanis Park floods. Water
crosses Mickey Mantle Blvd in the park. Water level rises to the
flag pole on the north side of the park.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Sun Mon Tue
Spring River Basin
Baxter Springs 14 10.8 Sat 08 AM 15.3 12.2 8.3
- See more at NOAA