- Flood Warning issued February 25 at 7:33PM CST until February 27 at 7:12AM CST by NWS
- Effective: 7:33 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 25, 2018
- Expires: 7:12 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2018
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Kansas...
Spring River above Baxter Springs affecting Cherokee County
Shoal Creek near Joplin affecting Jasper and Newton Counties
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Spring River at Carthage affecting Jasper County
.Heavy rainfall over the last 48 hours will cause river levels to
rise above flood stage.
...For the Spring River above Baxter Springs...
* At 7:15 PM Sunday The stage was 15.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact...At 16.0 feet...The south end of Kiwanis Park floods. Water
crosses Mickey Mantle Blvd in the park. Water level rises to the
flag pole on the north side of the park.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 6 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Mon Tue Wed
Spring River Basin
Baxter Springs 14 15.3 Sun 07 PM 14.2 8.7 5.7
- See more at NOAA