- Red Flag Warning issued March 14 at 12:04PM CDT until March 14 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 1 p.m. on Wednesday, March 14, 2018
- Expires: 7 p.m. on Wednesday, March 14, 2018
...Critical Fire Weather Conditions Likely This Afternoon in
Portions of North Central Kansas and South Central Nebraska...
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING
FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 007,
017, 018 AND 019...
* AFFECTED AREA...In Kansas, Fire Weather Zone 007 Jewell, Fire
Weather Zone 017 Rooks, Fire Weather Zone 018 Osborne and Fire
Weather Zone 019 Mitchell.
* WINDS...Southwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* TIMING...From 1 PM to 7 PM.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 16 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will spread quickly and be
difficult to control, exhibiting extreme fire behavior. Use
caution if engaging in activities that could start a fire.
- See more at NOAA