- Red Flag Warning issued October 23 at 3:48PM CDT until October 23 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 3:48 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 23, 2017
- Expires: 7 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 23, 2017
...Critical to near critical fire weather conditions continue late
this afternoon, will be possible once again tomorrow afternoon...
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING
FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 005,
017, 018, 082 AND 083...
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
TUESDAY EVENING FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE
WEATHER ZONES 005, 017, 018, 082 AND 083...
The National Weather Service in Hastings has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for wind and low relative humidity, which is in
effect from Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday evening.
* AFFECTED AREA...In Kansas, Fire Weather Zone 005 Phillips,
Fire Weather Zone 017 Rooks and Fire Weather Zone 018 Osborne.
In Nebraska, Fire Weather Zone 082 Furnas and Fire Weather
Zone 083 Harlan.
* WINDS...Northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts near 45 mph will
continue through the remainder of this afternoon. Speeds will
diminish through the overnight hours, before ramping back up
tomorrow. Speeds of 25 to 30 MPH with gusts near 40 MPH are
forecast for tomorrow afternoon.
* TIMING...Late this afternoon and early evening, then again
tomorrow afternoon and early evening.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...Values between 15 at 20 percent will
continue this afternoon, and will be possible again tomorrow
* IMPACTS...Any fires that occur may spread rapidly and be
difficult to contain. Use caution if engaging in activities
that could ignite a fire.
- See more at NOAA