- Red Flag Warning issued October 27 at 11:50AM CDT until October 27 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 1 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 27, 2017
- Expires: 7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 27, 2017
...BREEZY NORTHWESTERLY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY VALUES
WILL RESULT IN CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS THIS AFTERNOON...
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING
FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 005,
017, 060, 072, 073, 082 AND 083...
* AFFECTED AREA...In Kansas, Fire Weather Zone 005 Phillips and
Fire Weather Zone 017 Rooks. In Nebraska, Fire Weather Zone
060 Dawson, Fire Weather Zone 072 Gosper, Fire Weather Zone
073 Phelps, Fire Weather Zone 082 Furnas and Fire Weather Zone
* WINDS...Northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 15 percent.
* TIMING...This afternoon and early evening.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that occur will spread rapidly...be
difficult to contain...and will exhibit extreme fire behavior.
Use caution if engaging in activities that could start a fire.
- See more at NOAA