- Red Flag Warning issued September 20 at 9:09PM CDT until September 21 at 8:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 2 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017
- Expires: 8 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017
...Dangerous Fire Weather Conditions Thursday...
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM TO 8 PM CDT
THURSDAY FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER
ZONES 005, 017 AND 082...
* AFFECTED AREA...In Kansas, Fire Weather Zone 005 Phillips and
Fire Weather Zone 017 Rooks. In Nebraska, Fire Weather Zone
* WINDS...South 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* TIMING...Thursday afternoon and early evening.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...Will bottom out around 20 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that occur may spread rapidly and be
difficult to contain. Use caution if engaging in activities
that could ignite a fire.
- See more at NOAA