- Winter Weather Advisory issued January 11 at 3:24AM CST until January 11 at 12:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 3:24 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
- Expires: noon on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
...Accumulating snow, strong north winds and some light ice
accumulations will hamper travel today...
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST
* WHAT...Snow will develop across the area early this morning and
continue until about midday. A brief wintry mix of freezing
rain and sleet is possible during the transition from rain to
snow. Snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches is expected with
locally higher amounts possible. Slick and hazardous travel
conditions are expected, including during the morning commute to
work and school.
* WHERE...Portions of Central and South Central Kansas.
* WHEN...Until noon CST today.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds gusting as high as 45 mph will cause
widespread blowing and drifting snow and reduced driving
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means periods
of snow and blowing snow will cause primarily travel
difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited
visibilities, and use caution while driving. The latest road
conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by
calling 5 1 1.
- See more at NOAA