- Fire Weather Watch issued February 25 at 3:56AM CST until February 26 at 7:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: noon on Monday, Feb. 26, 2018
- Expires: 7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 26, 2018
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH ISSUED FOR MONDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING...
.Fairly deep mixing associated with very warm conditions will
result in windy conditions and very low humidity levels in the
presence of dry fuels.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH MONDAY EVENING FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR
FIRE WEATHER ZONES 005, 006, 007, 017, 018, 019, 082 AND 083...
* AFFECTED AREA...In Kansas, Fire Weather Zone 005 Phillips,
Fire Weather Zone 006 Smith, Fire Weather Zone 007 Jewell,
Fire Weather Zone 017 Rooks, Fire Weather Zone 018 Osborne and
Fire Weather Zone 019 Mitchell. In Nebraska, Fire Weather Zone
082 Furnas and Fire Weather Zone 083 Harlan.
* WINDS...South 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* TIMING...Monday afternoon and early evening.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 17 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will spread quickly...be
difficult to control...and will exhibit extreme fire behavior.
* RECOMMENDATIONS...All potential ignition sources should be
used with caution. Any burning should be postponed.
- See more at NOAA