- Flood Warning issued May 12 at 1:48PM CDT until May 13 at 3:29AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 1:48 p.m. on Friday, May 12, 2017
- Expires: 3:29 a.m. on Saturday, May 13, 2017
...The flood warning continues for the following river in Kansas...
Cowskin Creek At Wichita At 119th Street affecting Sedgwick County.
The Flood Warning continues for
The Cowskin Creek At Wichita At 119th Street.
* Until late tonight.
* At 1:30 PM Friday the stage was 19.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
late this afternoon.
* Impact...At 20.0 feet...Flood waters of about 2 feet in depth cover
sections of Maize Road just to the south of Central. Flood waters
flow over 13th Street in the low water spot about a half mile west
of 119th Street. Expect road closures. The few houses on the north
side of 21st Street, along the east bank of the creek may see flood
waters encroach near their homes.
FLD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
Location STG STG DAY TIME Sat Sun Mon
Wichita At 119 18.0 19.1 Fri 01 PM 14.1 10.8 9.1
- See more at NOAA