- Blizzard Warning issued January 21 at 3:16AM CST until January 22 at 6:00AM CST by NWS
- Effective: 3:16 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 21, 2018
- Expires: 6 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 22, 2018
...BLIZZARD CONDITIONS EXPECTED FOR THE TRI STATE REGION...
.A low pressure system is expected to move east off the central
Rockies this morning shifting slowly eastward into the evening
hours exiting the area by Monday morning. Mixed wintry
precipitation is expected for the area...along with strong
northerly winds that will bring about blizzard conditions as the
storm travels east.
...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST MONDAY...
* WHAT...Areas of freezing fog and freezing rain today...changing
over to snow tonight. Moderate to heavy snow with blizzard
conditions are expected to occur tonight.
* WHERE...Portions of northwest Kansas, west central Kansas and
* WHEN...Until 5 AM Monday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Light glaze of ice possible today. Snow
accumulations of 4 to 7 inches tonight. Northerly winds with
gusts up to 50 mph are expected to produce blizzard conditions
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions, making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If
you must travel, have a winter survival kit with you. If you get
stranded, stay with your vehicle. The latest road conditions for
the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
- See more at NOAA