- Flood Watch issued May 26 at 9:10AM CDT until further notice by NWS
- Effective: 9:10 a.m. on Thursday, May 26, 2016
- Expires: 12:10 a.m. on Friday, May 27, 2016
...The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a Flood
Watch for the following rivers in Kansas...Missouri...
Little Osage River at Fulton affecting Bourbon County
Marmaton River near Nevada affecting Vernon County
Osage River near Schell City affecting Bates and Vernon Counties
.This watch is based on future forecast precipitation amounts of 1
to 2 inches during the next 48 hours near the river basin(s). If
conditions warrant...additional rises or falls may occur based on
future precipitation and runoff.
The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a
* Flood Watch for
The Osage River near Schell City
* At 8:45 AM Thursday the stage was 19.3 feet.
* Minor flooding is possible.
* Flood stage is 30.0 feet.
* Forecast...flood stage may be reached by Monday morning.
* Impact...At 30.0 feet...Flood waters affect the Schell Osage
Conservation Area, the Old River Road North of Schell City and Lost
Creek west of Schell Lake. Flood waters overflow the main river
channel at the gage site.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 6 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Fri Sat Sun
Osage River Basin
Schell City 30 19.3 Thu 09 AM 21.5 26.7 29.6
- See more at NOAA