- Winter Weather Advisory issued January 14 at 9:14PM CST until January 15 at 6:00AM CST by NWS
- Effective: 9:14 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 14, 2018
- Expires: 6 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 15, 2018
...Another Round of Light Snow For Sunday Night Then Bitterly
Cold for Monday Evening Through Tuesday Morning...
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST MONDAY...
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM MONDAY TO NOON
* WHAT...Snow occurring. Very cold wind chills expected. Plan on
slippery road conditions Sunday night. Snow accumulation of up
to one inch is expected. Expect wind chills to range from 5
below zero to 20 below zero Monday night into Tuesday morning.
* WHERE...Portions of east central and northeast Kansas and
central, north central, northeast, northwest and west central
* WHEN...For the Winter Weather Advisory, until 6 AM CST Monday.
For the Wind Chill Advisory, from 6 PM Monday to noon CST
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
times. The cold wind chills will cause frostbite in as little
as 30 minutes to exposed skin.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frost bite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
- See more at NOAA