- Flood Watch issued February 20 at 9:45PM CST until February 21 at 12:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: midnight on Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018
- Expires: noon on Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018
...Heavy Rainfall Expected Tonight Through Wednesday Night...
.A cold front will interact with a very humid airmass across the
region to produce heavy rain and some minor flooding as it moves
southeast through the area late this evening through Wednesday
morning. Additional rains will continue behind the front
Wednesday afternoon and night.
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of southern Illinois, southwest Indiana, western
Kentucky, and southeast Missouri, including the following
areas, in southern Illinois, Alexander, Edwards, Franklin,
Gallatin, Hamilton, Hardin, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson,
Massac, Perry IL, Pope, Pulaski, Saline, Union, Wabash, Wayne
IL, White, and Williamson. In southwest Indiana, Gibson, Pike,
Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, and Warrick. In western Kentucky,
Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden,
Daviess, Fulton, Graves, Henderson, Hickman, Hopkins,
Livingston, Lyon, Marshall, McCracken, McLean, Muhlenberg,
Todd, Trigg, Union KY, and Webster. In southeast Missouri,
Bollinger, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Carter, Mississippi, New
Madrid, Perry MO, Ripley, Scott, Stoddard, and Wayne MO.
* Through late Wednesday night
* Multiple rounds of moderate to heavy rainfall will lead to some
minor localized flooding. Rainfall totals of 1.5 to 3 inches are
expected, with some localized higher amounts possible.
* The primary flooding concern will be along small streams and
creeks that feed into already swollen rivers across the
region. especially in areas that receive multiple rounds of
moderate to heavy rainfall.
- See more at NOAA