- Flood Warning issued March 26 at 8:44PM CDT until March 29 at 2:45PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 8:44 p.m. on Monday, March 26, 2018
- Expires: 2:45 p.m. on Thursday, March 29, 2018
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Big Piney below Fort Leonard Wood East Gate affecting Pulaski
James River at Galena affecting Stone County
Sac River near Caplinger Mills affecting Cedar County
.Heavy rainfall of two to four inches will cause river levels to
rise above flood stage along the James, Sac and Big Piney. Expected timing to
flood stage and crests based on the latest precipitation forecasts are included
in each section below.
...For the Sac River near Caplinger Mills...
* At 7:45 PM Monday The stage was 5.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...rise above flood stage by tomorrow late evening and
continue to rise to near 17.5 feet by Wednesday morning. The river
will fall below flood stage by Wednesday early afternoon.
* Impact...At 19.0 feet...Moderate Flood Stage. Flood waters reach
approximately three feet in depth at the Caplinger Mills
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Tue Wed Thu
Sac River Basin
Caplinger Mills 16 5.6 Mon 08 PM 17.5 11.8 8.8
- See more at NOAA