- Flood Watch issued October 09 at 2:11PM CDT until October 10 at 1:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 8:35 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018
- Expires: 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018
...Flooding Likely through Wednesday Morning...
.Isolated showers and storms will continue to lift northward
across Missouri early this afternoon, while a line of storms moves
northeast from east central Kansas through northeast Missouri
this afternoon and evening. Despite fast storm motion, these
efficient rain producers may drop an additional 1 to 2 inches of
accumulation through Wednesday morning, and will exacerbate
ongoing flooding issues.
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of Kansas and Missouri, including the following
areas, in Kansas, Atchison KS, Doniphan, Johnson KS,
Leavenworth, Linn KS, Miami, and Wyandotte. In Missouri,
Adair, Andrew, Atchison MO, Buchanan, Caldwell, Cass, Clay,
Clinton, Daviess, De Kalb, Gentry, Grundy, Harrison, Holt,
Jackson, Linn MO, Livingston, Mercer, Nodaway, Platte, Putnam,
Ray, Schuyler, Sullivan, and Worth.
* Through Wednesday morning
* 1 to 2 inches of additional rainfall is expected over the next
12 to 18 hours in an area that has already received up to 10
inches of rain over the last several days. Local rivers,
streams, and creeks are already beginning to flood.
* These storms may cause flooding along area creeks, streams,
and rivers, low water crossings, and other flood prone areas
in the watch area. Flash flooding over more urban areas is
also possible with the expected rainfall totals.
- See more at NOAA