- Winter Weather Advisory issued February 19 at 8:26PM CST until February 20 at 12:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 9 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- Expires: noon on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018
...Freezing Rain Expected Across Northwest MO and Northeast KS...
.Rain will transition to freezing rain overnight across northwest
MO and northeast KS. Air temperatures will steadily decline near
sunrise Tuesday morning. Above-freezing road temperatures will
eventually decrease below freezing Tuesday morning, while
precipitation chances will increase. This will lead to the
potential for slick roadways, particularly on elevated surfaces.
Accumulating ice totals will depend on roadway temperature trends,
though there is increasing potential that the Tuesday morning
commute will be impacted. Conditions should improve by the early
afternoon across the area as freezing rain exits the area.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TUESDAY...
* WHAT...Freezing rain expected. Total ice accumulations of
around one tenth are expected.
* WHERE...Portions of east central and northeast Kansas and
north central, northwest and west central Missouri.
* WHEN...Until noon CST Tuesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The ice will result in difficult travel
conditions, including during the morning commute on Tuesday.
- See more at NOAA