- Wind Advisory issued May 17 at 1:32PM CDT until May 17 at 6:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 1:32 p.m. on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
- Expires: 6 p.m. on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
...Strong South Winds across Western Midsouth Counties Today...
.A potent upper level disturbance will lift northeast across the
Central Plains today...allowing for south winds to rapidly
increase across the Delta counties this morning. Winds will
remain strong through the afternoon before diminishing below
advisory criteria early this evening.
...BLOWING DUST ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CDT THIS EVENING...
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CDT THIS EVENING...
The National Weather Service in Memphis has issued a Blowing Dust
Advisory, which is in effect until 6 PM CDT this evening.
* WINDS...South winds of 20 to 30 mph...with gusts up to 40 mph.
* VISIBILITY...Blowing Dust will reduce visibilities below 1 mile
with localized visibilities below one quarter of a mile.
* TIMING...Through 6 pm CDT this evening.
* IMPACTS...Loose outdoor items will be vulnerable to the wind.
Traveling may become hazardous...especially along east to west
roads and for high profile vehicles.
- See more at NOAA