- Winter Weather Advisory issued January 11 at 2:47AM CST until January 11 at 3:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 8 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
- Expires: 3 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM THIS
MORNING TO 3 PM CST THIS AFTERNOON...
* WHAT...Light freezing rain and a wintry mix expected. Re-
freezing of recent rainfall and additional light icing will
result in very slippery conditions on sidewalks, roads, and
bridges, resulting in difficult travel conditions. Total snow
accumulations of up to one half inch, with ice accumulations up
to a light glaze are expected.
* WHERE...Portions of east central and northeast Kansas and
north central, northwest and west central Missouri.
* WHEN...From 8 AM this morning to 3 PM CST this afternoon.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Wet surfaces from morning rainfall and
light freezing rain will freeze and become slick and hazardous
as temperatures fall below freezing.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
driving. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling
from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
- See more at NOAA