- Flood Warning issued May 17 at 9:13PM CDT until May 19 at 7:00AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 9:13 p.m. on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
- Expires: 7 a.m. on Friday, May 19, 2017
...The flood warning continues for the following rivers in
Mississippi River at Canton LD20
Mississippi River at Hannibal
Mississippi River at Chester
Mississippi River at Saverton LD22
Mississippi River at Louisiana
Mississippi River at Clarksville LD24
Mississippi River at Winfield LD25
Mississippi River at Grafton
Mississippi River at Mel Price LD
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Canton LD20
* until Friday morning.
* At 8:00 PM Wednesday the stage was 14.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to continue falling to below flood stage by
* Impact: At 14.0 feet...Both banks begin to overflow. Minor damages
* Impact: At 9.0 feet...Above 8.7 to 9.2 feet, the Corps will raise
the gates out of the water, allowing for "open river" conditions.
This corresponds to a discharge of approximately 110,000 cfs.
* Impact: At 8.5 feet...The Corps will not allow the pool level to
drop below 8.5 feet (higher flows below 100K). At low flows, they
allow a 2-foot variation between 11.0 and 13.0 feet. At higher
flows below 100K, the range is actually lower, between 8.5 and 10.5
feet. Above 110K cfs, the gates are raised above the water
surface, allowing open river conditions.
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 05/18 05/19 05/20 05/21 05/22
Canton LD20 14.0 14.19 14.0 13.6 13.2 12.8 12.4
- See more at NOAA