- Flood Warning issued July 01 at 9:50PM CDT until further notice by NWS
- Effective: 9:50 p.m. on Wednesday, July 1, 2015
- Expires: 1:49 a.m. on Friday, July 3, 2015
...The flood warning continues for the...Mississippi River...at the
following locations...affecting the indicated counties in Illinois...
Missouri and Kentucky...
Mississippi River at...
Cape Girardeau...affecting Alexander...Jackson...Union...Cape
Girardeau...Perry and Scott Counties.
Thebes...........affecting Alexander and Scott Counties.
New Madrid.......affecting Fulton...Mississippi and New Madrid
.Heavy rainfall and runoff from upstream have caused river levels to
rise on the Mississippi River. At Cape Girardeau...Major flooding is
occurring and Major flooding is forecast. The river will continue
rising to near 43.5 feet by Friday morning then begin falling. At
Thebes...Moderate flooding is occurring and Major flooding is
forecast. The river will continue rising to near 42.5 feet by Friday
early afternoon then begin falling. At New Madrid...Minor flooding is
forecast. See the details below...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at New Madrid
* from Thursday afternoon until further notice.
* At 9:00 PM Wednesday the stage was 33.9 feet.
* Flood Stage is 34.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by tomorrow early afternoon and
continue to rise to near 36.0 feet by Tuesday morning.
* Impact...At 38.0 Feet...Heavy agricultural damage begins.
- See more at NOAA