- Wind Advisory issued March 06 at 1:13PM CST until March 06 at 6:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 1:13 p.m. on Tuesday, March 6, 2018
- Expires: 6 p.m. on Tuesday, March 6, 2018
...Strong and Gusty Winds Today...
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS EVENING...
* TIMING...Strong west to northwest winds will continue through
this afternoon. Winds will decrease this evening and overnight.
* WINDS...Sustained west to northwest winds of 25 to 35 mph, with
gusts of 45 to 55 mph are expected. Wind gusts of 54 mph at West
Plains, 53 mph at Vichy/Rolla and 52 mph at Springfield have
already been recorded by early this afternoon.
* IMPACTS...These unusually strong winds could cause minor
damage to car ports and other loose items on structures. There
will also be some impact to high profile vehicles, making
driving more difficult. Isolated power outages will also be
- See more at NOAA