- Winter Weather Advisory issued January 15 at 11:55AM CST until January 15 at 3:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 11:55 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 15, 2018
- Expires: 3 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 15, 2018
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM CST THIS
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING
TO NOON CST TUESDAY...
* WHAT...Snow occurring. Very cold wind chills expected. Plan on
slippery road conditions. Additional snow accumulations of up to
one inch are expected. Expect wind chills to range from 5 above
zero to 20 below zero.
* WHERE...Portions of south central and southwest Missouri.
* WHEN...For the Winter Weather Advisory, until 3 PM CST this
afternoon. For the Wind Chill Advisory, from 6 PM this evening
to noon CST Tuesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
times. The cold wind chills will cause frostbite in as little
as 30 minutes to exposed skin.Have a winter
weather kit in your vehicle if you get stranded on the roads
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frost bite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
- See more at NOAA