- Flash Flood Watch issued December 22 at 3:13PM CST until December 23 at 9:00AM CST by NWS
- Effective: 3:13 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 22, 2017
- Expires: 9 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 23, 2017
...HEAVY RAINFALL EXPECTED ACROSS MUCH OF THE MID-SOUTH...
.A slow moving cold front will move across the region tonight.
Numerous showers and scattered thunderstorms will move across the
region through Saturday morning. Some locations in north Mississippi
have already received 2 to 4 inches of rain with more heavy rain
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of East Arkansas, North Mississippi, Southeast
Missouri, and West Tennessee, including the following areas,
in East Arkansas, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Lee,
Mississippi, Phillips, Poinsett, and St. Francis. In North
Mississippi, Alcorn, Benton, Coahoma, DeSoto, Marshall,
Panola, Quitman, Tate, Tippah, and Tunica. In Southeast
Missouri, Dunklin and Pemiscot. In West Tennessee, Benton,
Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Decatur, Dyer, Fayette, Gibson,
Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Lake, Lauderdale,
Madison, McNairy, Obion, Shelby, Tipton, and Weakley.
* Through Saturday morning
* Rainfall totals between 2 and 5 inches are expected.
* Flash flooding will be possible in these areas.
- See more at NOAA