- Wind Advisory issued May 17 at 3:25PM CDT until May 17 at 6:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 3:25 p.m. on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
- Expires: 6 p.m. on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
...A Wind Advisory remains in effect for all of southeast
Missouri, southern Illinois, southwest Indiana and west Kentucky
through late this afternoon...
.Wind gusts up to 35 to 40 mph will continue late this afternoon
from the south. The highest wind gusts will be across southeast
Missouri, southern Illinois, far west Kentucky and southwest
Indiana, where a few gusts may exceed 40 mph. Across the rest of
west Kentucky, wind gusts will be slightly lower, from 25 to 35
mph. However this will be an impact for area Lakes, including the
Land Between the Lakes area.
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CDT THIS EVENING...
* TIMING....late this afternoon.
* WINDS.....gusts up to 40 mph from the south or southwest.
Slightly higher gusts possible west of an Evansville, Indiana
to Paducah, Kentucky line.
* IMPACTS...All area lakes will be impacted. Waters will be
rough and choppy, making for dangerous boating conditions.
Loose outdoor objects may be tossed around. A few tree limbs
could come down. Drivers of high profile vehicles can expect
to feel the effects of the wind.
- See more at NOAA