- Heat Advisory issued August 28 at 5:25PM CDT until August 28 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 5:25 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2018
- Expires: 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2018
...Hot and Humid Again Today Along and South of Interstate 80...
.Highs Tuesday will once again reach the upper 80s and lower 90s
by late afternoon along and south of Interstate 80. These
temperatures when combined with dew points in the mid 70s will
produce dangerous heat indices peaking in the upper 90s to lower
100s from mid afternoon through early evening.
If you plan to be outdoors this afternoon drink plenty of water,
wear light colored clothing, and take breaks in air conditioning.
Also, never leave a child or pet in an unattended vehicle because
it can become dangerously hot within minutes.
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING...
* Heat Index Values...Up to 103 degrees.
* Timing...Through early this evening.
* Impacts...The heat and humidity may cause heat stress during
outdoor exertion or extended exposure. The very young, the
elderly, those without air conditioning, and those
participating in strenuous outdoor activities will be the most
susceptible. Also, car interiors can reach lethal temperatures
in a matter of minutes.
- See more at NOAA