- Flood Warning issued May 25 at 9:46AM CDT until May 29 at 6:37AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 9:46 a.m. on Monday, May 25, 2015
- Expires: 6:37 a.m. on Friday, May 29, 2015
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Kansas...
Little Osage River at Fulton affecting Bourbon County
Little Osage River near Horton affecting Vernon County
Marmaton River near Nevada affecting Vernon County
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Osage River near Schell City affecting Bates and Vernon Counties
.Heavy rainfall over the holiday weekend has caused river levels to
rise above flood stage. Anyone camping along these rivers should pay
close attention to river levels and seek higher ground if flooding
...For the Marmaton River near Nevada...
* At 8:45 AM Monday The stage was 23.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 25.4 feet by
tomorrow evening. The river will fall below flood stage Thursday
* Impact...At 26.0 feet...Moderate flooding occurs at the gage site.
Flood waters affect the Old U.S. Highway 71 Bridge North of Nevada
and the south bound lane of Highway 71 near the junction of Douglas
Branch and the Marmaton River.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Tue Wed Thu
Marmaton River Basin
Nevada 20 23.1 Mon 09 AM 24.9 24.9 19.9
- See more at NOAA