- Flood Warning issued September 08 at 7:36AM CDT until September 10 at 1:36PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 7:36 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015
- Expires: 1:36 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 10, 2015
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Little Osage River near Horton affecting Vernon County
.Heavy rainfall over the next day or two will cause river levels to
rise above flood stage. Interests along the Little Osage are urged
to monitor river levels and seek higher ground if flooding is
...For the Little Osage River near Horton...
* At 6:45 AM Tuesday The stage was 39.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 41.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...rise above flood stage by tomorrow late morning and
continue to rise to near 41.1 feet by tomorrow early afternoon.
The river will fall below flood stage by tomorrow early afternoon.
* Impact...At 41.0 feet...Minor flooding affects low lying areas near
the gage site and farmland along the river.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Wed Thu Fri
Little Osage River Basin
Horton 41 39.3 Tue 07 AM 40.6 36.1 31.3
- See more at NOAA