- Flood Warning issued November 27 at 9:31AM CST until December 01 at 10:40AM CST by NWS
- Effective: 9:31 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 27, 2015
- Expires: 10:40 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015
...The flood warning continues for the following river in Missouri...
Meramec River near Sullivan
.This Flood Warning is a result of 0.5 to 1 inch/es of precipitation the
past 24 hours and 1 to 1.5 inches forecast in the next 24 hours...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Meramec River near Sullivan
* from Saturday afternoon to Monday evening.
* At 9 AM Friday the stage was 3.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage late Saturday afternoon...
crest near 13.5 feet Sunday morning and fall below flood stage Monday.
* Impact: At 14.0 feet...The main entrance road to the Meramec State Park
campground begins flooding...blocking access to cabins 1-8...the picnic and
playground areas, and the Wilderness Trailhead parking lot. At Onondaga
Cave State Park...the primary entrance to the campground is closed and the
secondary entrance is used near this height.
* Impact: At 13.5 feet...Cave Road begins flooding at Onondaga Cave
State Park near this height.
* Impact: At 12.0 feet...The main entrance gate at Onondaga Cave State
Park begins flooding near this height. This may eventually force the
park to use the rear entrance as the primary entrance to the park.
* Impact: At 11.5 feet...A small bridge in the back of Meramec State
Park park is flooded, cutting the park in two. If the river continues
to rise...park officials will evacuate the campgrounds at this point.
* Impact: At 11.0 feet...Right Bank begins to overflow flooding wooded areas.
* Impact: At 6.0 feet...When the river is rising above this height,
canoe outfitters will generally not rent out canoes or rafts.
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 11/28 11/29 11/30 12/01 12/02
Sullivan 11.0 3.70 7.4 13.5 11.7 8.6 6.7
- See more at NOAA